FIRE EXTINGUISHERS TRAINING
The 'Operation Ceasefire' Fire Safety Training Programme.
To fight a fire successfully, you must first understand it. How it grows and spreads. What are its many forms. The Operation Ceasefire Fire Safety Training Programme covers all the possible lines of defense against the threat of fire. The programme comprises seven key fire safety training segments and is based on material gathered from several prominent industry experts and our own research over decades.
Lack of training is your biggest fire risk
Of the many thousands of offices, shops and factories that are gutted by fire every year, more than half probably have fire extinguishers installed. The reason for this rather shocking statistic is that even the most advanced firefighting equipment is greatly hampered when the user is untrained. Which is why it is legally mandatory in countries like the US and UK for commercial establishments to conduct regular fire safety training programmes for their employees.
Learn about the enemy before you are forced to fight it
There are clear, pre-defined procedures for activating and operating different types of fire extinguishers. In order to effectively fight a fire, an individual needs to be familiar with the different types of fire, the different types of extinguishers and the procedures for activation and usage of each of these extinguishers. Yet, surprisingly, many people attempt to learn how to use a fire extinguisher when they are actually face-to-face with a real fire.
There's more to fire safety than just fighting a fire.
Firefighting is just one aspect of fire safety. An understanding of how fire operates, basic fire prevention practices and the importance of smoke detection systems can work towards ensuring that you never actually have to face a fire, leave alone fight it. And, as every trained firefighter will testify, the most critical aspect of training for a fire situation is the evacuation plan: ensuring that everyone on the premises knows what to do in an emergency.
An authoritative training programme
The Operation Ceasefire Fire Safety Training Programme covers all the possible lines of defense against the threat of fire. The programme comprises of seven key fire safety training segments, and is based on material gathered from several prominent industry experts and our own research over decades.
Intensive sessions every quarter
Conducted by internationally trained educators, using the latest multimedia tools, the programme is administered over four quarterly training sessions, in the convenience of your own office or factory.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO SPACE OUT THE SESSIONS AS IT ALLOWS TRAINERS TO CONSISTENTLY RAISE THE PARTICIPANTS' CONSCIOUSNESS BAR ON FIRE AND FIRE SAFETY, AND ENSURE THAT THEY DO NOT FORGET WHAT THEY HAVE LEARNT IN THE PREVIOUS SESSIONS.
The Characteristics of fire
- How fires grow and spread
- The different types of fire
- How each type of fire be
controlled and extinguished
- The characteristics of a-ideal fire extinguisher
- Understanding Fire Rating Points
- The different types of fire extinguishers
- Understanding the properties of different fire fighting agents
- The activation and usage mechanisms for different types of extinguishers
Smoke and Smoke Detection Systems
- The characteristics of smoke
- The importance of smoke detection
- The different types of smoke detectors and how they work
Fire Prevention Practices
- Fire prevention practices for offices
- Fire prevention practices for factories
- Fire prevention practices for showrooms
- Fire prevention practice for homes
- The key elements of an Evacuation Plan
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the members of the Fire Safety Team
- Understanding the role of the individual in the face of a fire emergency
- Appointment of the fire Safety Team
- First aid treatment for different types of burns
- First aid for smoke inhalation
- What to do when a colleague goes into shock or has a heart attack
- Training employees to administer CPR or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
The Fire Drill
- A real Fire Drill is conducted at the premises
- The Evacuation and Fire Fighting Plan is put into action
- Our Trainers the-complete a-analysis of the entire Fire Drill and use the feedback to help improve response times and ensure that is the event of a real emergency, the employees are better prepared.